I've decided that I want to continue to write in this, so I'm back. When I first created this blog, I thought that it would end up just being a pregnancy blog. I figured it would be nice for the family and friends that we don't get to talk to as often as we'd like so they could stay updated with things. I've since decided that just because we had a miscarriage doesn't mean I have to stop writing. So here I am!
Josh and I ended up having a kind of rough summer. While I had accepted the miscarriage, it still took a while to feel normal again. But I think we did as well as we could with it and still tried to enjoy our summer.
Unfortunately, I think Josh had a harder time than I did. Turns out, moving to U-M Hospital wasn't as great as he thought it would be. He was originally told he'd only have to train for 6-8 weeks, working the morning shift (6am-2:30pm, which means he leaves the house at 5am).. He started May 24th and he's still in training so he dealt with this all summer. And for those who don't know Josh, he definitely isn't a morning person. Thankfully, he was able to get back to Beaumont. He'll be starting back there next Monday. Then we're also hoping that within the next few months he'll find some sort of IT job. He's also planning on taking some sort of computer exam that would give him a special computer certification (don't ask me what kind, everything computer wise just blurs in my head - my brain isn't meant to process that kind of stuff). So hopefully, something will work out for him.
My job has been going okay. I don't mind the work, but I was working my 40 hours at 12 1/2 and Schoenherr. It was great since I lived so close. But at the start of September I got my hours cut (I'm down to three 10-hour days instead of four) and they moved me out to the clinic at 23 and Romeo Plank. It's a really nice clinic, but I do hate driving 30+ minutes to and from work.
While things haven't been wonderful, I do enjoy having my Tuesdays and Thursdays off. And I'm quite thankful that Josh will be back to Beaumont soon. With my hours cut, the gas prices were starting to hurt.
We did get a chance to go up to the U.P. and visit Rob and Emily over the forth of July. I think it was exactly what Josh and I needed. We needed that vacation and we had great time up there. We really wish we could be closer to them, but I have no desire to move any further north than I already am. If I move at all, I'm going south. :)
We also got to go camping twice this year. We went once in August with Leah and Nick. We didn't go too far, just one of the state parks in Holly. That was a lot of fun, even though I was sick the whole weekend. We didn't get to do as much hiking as we would have liked to, but we got to play in the little lake they had and got to relax. It really was fantastic. Our second trip was just recently, at the end of September, with my parents. We went out to the Battle Creek area to another state park. We really enjoyed this park and we definitely want to go back there. They had some fantastic trails to hike. We went wine tasting while we were out in that area. That was so much fun! I swear, we bought enough wine (and strangely enough, a bottle of vodka made from grapes) to last us a year! So we had a great time on that trip also.
Josh and I also celebrated our 3rd anniversary this past August. We didn't do anything special for it, but it is amazing at how fast the time has gone. It always surprises me when someone asks how long I've been married for.. I always have to think about it, like, has it really been that long? I feel like it was just yesterday. Then again, I look at how far we've come and I think "its got to be longer than that!".
I think this is where I'll end for now. I hope this find everyone well.
Until next time, adios.
No comments:
Post a Comment