Monday, June 13, 2011

34 Weeks & Counting!

I know it's been a while.. I'm so bad at updating this. I know this is long over due and I'm going to apologize because I know it's kind of going to be all over the place. I'm so scatter-brained right now!

We hit the 34 week mark on Friday! I had a doctors appointment and I got the okay to come off bed rest!!! At 34 weeks, they expect the baby to be developed enough to be delivered, so if I go into labor they won't try to stop it. I was told I still have to take it easy but I can resume all normal activity. I've been slowly trying to get the nursery ready. We've got some baby clothes and sheets washed already, they just need to be folded and put away! Our mounds of baby stuff is slowly disappearing from our living room. I'm hoping I'll be able to fly through the rest of my shower thank yous now, too.

I'm starting to get a little anxious just knowing how much needs to be done before the baby gets here. We've got less than six weeks until our due date, assuming that we make it that far. Of course, I'll be pissed if I end up going past the due date after spending five weeks in bed! But I still need to pack a bag for the hospital.. I really should have done that five weeks ago. At the same time I'm trying to clean some of the house, too. It's a little weird WANTING to clean the bathroom, but since I'm allowed to do stuff, I'm dying to do it.. I just don't physically have the energy to do it. It's amazing how much muscle you loose. My back definitely is not used to carrying all this extra weight in the front of me!

So medically, I'm only 1cm dilated, which is good news. Baby is still being stubborn (I'm sure it's the Italian blood) and is still breech. My doctor said if I make it to 37 weeks then I'll go in the hospital and try a procedure to spin the baby. I would be given a medication to relax my uterus and they would physically try to turn the baby from outside my belly. It only has a 50% success rate, but I figure that's a 50% chance of me being able to deliver vaginally. If I go into labor between now and then, I'd have to have a c-section. I've been praying hard the baby will flip on it's own, but I'm pretty sure I'm already starting to drop so I don't think it'll actually do it on it's own. Hopefully I'm wrong. :)

In non-baby news, Josh and I have decided to sell his car. (He's got a 2003 Focus, if anyone is interested.) We plan on using the money to pay off the rest of my car and get rid of/lower some monthly bills since I'll be home with the baby. So even though I'm allowed to leave the house, I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for being a one car family.

Josh's job is going well. He's really enjoying the work. I'm loving his hours (7-3:30). We finally get to have dinner together at a normal time! It's still taking some adjusting!

Well, I can't think of much else to write. I'll post pictures once we have the nursery complete.. Hopefully in the next week or two. Hope this finds everyone well!

3 comments:

  1. Good Job Nicole!

    I'm home all summer if you need anything. C-sections aren't all that scary. I having my 4th this fall if you have C-section questions I could maybe help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I didn't realize you had c-sections with all your kids! I'll let you know if I have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did wasn't in the plan, but it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete