All of our family and close friends have known that we are expecting since Christmas. A special few got to know before Thanksgiving. And now it's facebook official, and to be honest, it's scaring the crap out of me.
I never really expected to get to a point in pregnancy that I actually could share it with the facebook world. It was just safer in my mind to prepare myself for the worst while hoping for the best. But here we are, into the second trimester, a little past 14 weeks along and everyone knows.
Besides being terrified about everyone knowing, I'm doing pretty well. I'm not feeling nearly as sick anymore, which is a blessing. The all day sickness was really wearing me down. And I am finally getting my energy back. Although, if I do too much I immediately need a nap. Thankfully I married a wonderful man who has been nothing but understanding from day one.
I have been thankful that for the most part, I can at least eat whatever I want. Some days it may not taste good, but if I wait a day or two, no problem. The only thing I can't eat is Italian food. I'm not sure what it is, but it makes me feel so sick. I can handle pizza sauce, so it must be something in the herbs and spices or something. I was hoping it would be a first trimester thing and I'd be back to normal by now, but it's not looking promising. :(
I finally got my Christmas decorations down today. I know, total slacker, right? I always have my decorations down on New Years Day, but with being exhausted and feeling sick, it just wasn't happening. After taking down the decorations, I got to take a two hour nap while Josh cleaned the house. Did I mention how wonderful my husband is?
Outside of pregnancy news, Josh spoke to the lady who would be hiring him for the IOM job at Beaumont. They are now hiring three new people and Josh is still their number one choice. She pretty much said that he'd have the job which is fabulous. The only down side is the fact that the new start date would be the first Monday in April. I feel like this is cutting things really close to when the baby is due, especially since we'll be going those first five weeks of training without pay and insurance. Obviously, we'll go on cobra for the month and we do have lots of time before then to save for the no pay part, but that won't make the situation any less stressful. We will get through it, obviously, but it's just difficult for me because I feel like everything is up in the air. I'm a planner, I need everything planned. This being so far away does not allow me to be able to plan.
My job is going okay. Kind of the same as always. I hate the drive, but I'm at least starting to enjoy it out there a little more. Maybe it was my lack of energy that had me hating it, but it's definitely getting better. I still haven't made any decisions about what I'm going to do after the baby comes. Ideally, I'd love to go part time, but as I work four 10 hour days, I'm not sure what the bosses would say to that. That's something I'm hoping I won't have to worry about though for another couple of months.
Sydney turned three at the beginning of the month. I can't believe we've had her for three years already (okay, almost three years). She's finally calmed down a lot.. Not sure if it's because she's just getting older or if the pregnancy has anything to do with it. She's definitely noticed the changes in me and she has become a lot more cuddly (I really didn't know this was possible). Don't get me wrong though, she's still a little turd when she wants to be. Just like a child, right?
I hope this finds everyone well.
Until next time-
God Bless.
PS - Our due date is July 22, 2011!
Oh man I am so excited for you guys and glad that you are feeling better! I know the idea of April really stresses you out but trust me, God ALWAYS provides. I don't know how but He finds a way. I'm exactly like you though- I'm a planner and if there is something that I don't have an exact answer to right away it causes anxiety because my system decides it HAS to know NOW! It is great though that Josh is at the top of the hiring list! You married a catch! Aren't guys awesome when they are loved by employers AND take care of you when you really need it? *sigh* haha Well I don't want to write a novel here. Can't wait to hang out soon- miss your face! Much love!
ReplyDeleteErin